CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the many natural compounds found in the hemp plant. While CBD is extracted from hemp, it should not be confused with THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. Unlike THC, CBD does not produce any mind-altering effects and has no side-effects. CBD is purely medicinal, which is why in recent years it has gained acceptance in various medical fields.
The CBD found in our 1000 MG hemp oil interacts with receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS.)
This system is responsible for keeping a lot of our biological processes in balance and has a significant influence on how our mental and physical wellbeing.
By interacting with the endocannabinoid system, CBD may:
- Provide relief for minor physical pain and discomfort
- Improve sleeping patterns
- Help balance your metabolism
- Alleviate headaches
- Relief anxiety and stress
- Treat some of the symptoms associated with diabetes
- Calm your pets during stressful situations (see CBD for Pets)